NAU - Multi-Purpose Events Center
This project consists of a complete renovation of the existing Student Activity Center/Fieldhouse building that was constructed on the NAU Campus in 1966. smithARCHITECTS formed a joint venture with the architecture firm of Sink Combs Dethlefs and was selected by NAU to renovate this facility and create the NAU Multi-Purpose Events Center. While this facility has been providing many important services to the student community over its 45 year existence, the building itself is starting to show its age and is in desperate need of a renovation.
Once renovated, this facility will provide the NAU campus and the surrounding Flagstaff community with a state-of-the-art Multi-Purpose Event Center. Some of the primary events and services that can be accommodated within this facility will be:
- An arena for the Men’s and Women’s basketball programs that will accommodate approximately 3,500 seats and suites.
- A concert and performance venue that will accommodate approximately 3,500 seats and suites.
- Large indoor trade shows and conventions.
- Graduation commencements.
- Multi-purpose recreation for the student community; including basketball courts, volleyball courts, and other indoor recreation activities.
- Game rooms, training rooms, meeting rooms, locker rooms, and media rooms for use by the student community.
- The Student Learning Center.
Size: 90,000 s.f.
Completion: August 2012